Most of the library's networked printers are automatically added to staff/faculty computers based on the user's department and position. However, there are a few instances when you will need to add a printer manually. The procedure is detailed below.
- Click the Windows icon or press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the start menu, then type "control"
- You should see Control Panel listed in the start menu. Launch it.
- Click Devices and Printers
- Near the top left of this window, click Add a printer
- Underneath the progress bar, click The printer that I want isn't listed. It's not necessary to wait for the progress bar to complete.
- In the options listed, click Select a shared printer by name
- You'll need to enter the printer location and name in the text field. It should be in the format \\servername\printername
- For this example we'll use \\print-win-p01\lib208-mpc3004, which is the main printer in room 208.
(If you're uncertain about the name or location of the printer you need, contact Library Systems support staff)
- It may take a moment to install the drivers for the new printer. Once it's complete, click Next and you should see the printer in your list.
- If you wish to set the new printer as your default, you can right-click the printer icon and select Set as default printer.
If you encounter any issues during this process, please contact Library Systems staff. (Non-library staff and faculty can contact the help desk.)