- If you're off campus, you’ll need to be connected to the VPN. See the instructions on setting up Cisco AnyConnect.
- Next you’ll need to make sure your office computer isn’t in sleep mode. Visit the wake-up page at https://surveyor.uco.edu/WRA/
- Your Computer name is usually the same as your user name. Enter it and click Search.
- Click Wake if the search results don’t include something like “Ping reply from 10.28.17.179 (in 0 ms)”
- You may need to wait up to a minute before the page shows a ping reply
- Once that page is showing a ping reply, hit the Windows key on your keyboard to bring up the start menu. Then type “remote”.
- You should see an item called Remote Desktop Connection, pictured below. Click to launch it.
- That will bring up a window like the one below. Click on the down arrow next in the lower left corner, next to Show Options.
- Your Computer name is the same as before, usually the same as your user name.
- When entering your User name add “uco\” to the front of it, like I’ve done as shown below. (make sure it’s the backslash, the one above the enter key)