Using a VPN client allows you access to UCO shared drives, internal web pages, and all sorts of other network resources that aren’t available from an outside connection.
If you are working from home on a computer that does not have the Cisco AnyConnect software installed, you’ll want to follow the instructions below to get your VPN connected.
- Go to http://secureconnect.uco.edu/
- Login with your UCO username (not email address) and password.
- Click on the Download for Windows button.
- Run the installation. When it’s complete you’ll be asked for an address to connect to. Enter secureconnect.uco.edu.
- Enter your UCO username and password when prompted.
- Once connected, your device will have access to most of the network resources available on campus.
- The first time you log in, you may be asked to update the AnyConnect software. Agree and allow the update to be performed.
- To access files located on a network drive, hit the Windows key on your keyboard and then type the full network path in the search bar. (e.g. \\ucofs\Central\Lib\All-Lib)
- If you'd like to access the software and shortcuts on your office desktop PC, see the Remote Desktop instuctions.
If you encounter an issue using two VPN connections from the same home, see the help page for two VPNs in a household.