In order to provide better remote support, we’re asking library staff to install Cisco Jabber. Jabber is an instant messaging client for workplaces, but more importantly it allows us to initiate remote control sessions when we need to troubleshoot a computer issue. If you don’t have Cisco Jabber installed, below are some instructions.
- In order to access the necessary files, you will need to be on the UCO network or connected to UCO's VPN. See the Cisco AnyConnect VPN instructions if you are not yet connected.
- First, hold the Windows key on your keyboard and press R.
- In the window that appears, enter the address below to open the Jabber folder on UCOFS:
- In the folder that opens, right-click the item CiscoJabberSetup, and select Install
- Click Accept and Install
- If you get a prompt asking to allow changes, click Yes
- Wait for the progress bar, then click Finish
- Once Jabber starts, you should be able to enter your UCO username and password to log in.