If a public PC is missing the lib-BW and lib-Color print queues, users with admin privileges can try adding them manually. The procedure is detailed below.
- Click the Windows icon or press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the start menu, then type "control"
- You should see Control Panel listed in the start menu. Launch it.
- Click Devices and Printers (or View devices and printers under the Hardware and Sound category)
- Near the top left of this window, click Add a printer
- Underneath the progress bar, click The printer that I want isn't listed. It's not necessary to wait for the progress bar to complete.
- In the options listed, click Select a shared printer by name
- Enter \\print-win-p01\LIB-BW
- It may take a moment to install the drivers for the new printer. If you are asked about printer trust, click the Install button to continue.
- Click Next and you should then see the printer in your list.
- Right-click the printer icon labeled LIB-BW and select Set as default printer.
If needed, repeat this process for the color queue by using the printer name \\print-win-p01\LIB-Color, but skip the step of setting it as the default printer.